Porchfest is a grassroots community music spectacle where front porches become stages, yards become venues, and neighborhoods together to celebrate and create a sense of community.
Hampton PorchFest has music of many, many genres from blue grass and rock to Christian. There are even porches where you can sing-a-long! Of course, no matter the porch we hope you’ll move or dance to the music. Each porch that you visit will have performers for up to an hour, so plan to roam around town or pick a few of your favorites and hang out on the front lawn.
Interested in being a part of this exciting event? Print the appropriate application and submit to Angie at firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting the Train Depot, located at 20 East Main Street South.
Porchfest Art Contest
Calling all artists to participate in Main Street's Art Contest for Hampton's Porchfest! Grand Prize includes: $100, artist recognition and more! Entries are open now through Wednesday, August 10th and the winner will be notified no later than Monday, August 14th
Art Contest Rules and Regulations:
1. Only original artwork will be considered. Reproductions are not eligible.
2. The deadline to submit artwork is Wednesday, August 10, 2017. No entries will be accepted after this date. The winner will be notified no later than Monday, August 14, 2017.
3. All entries must be completed and suitable for reproduction.
4. Overall poster size (image plus border) must be at least 11" x 18", but no larger than 12" x 18".
5. No logos of any kind, including the Hampton Porchfest logo, may appear in the design.
6. The words, "Hampton Porchfest” and dates, "October 14, 2017" must appear as part of the poster. No overlays allowed.
7. Artist may sign his or her work.
8. Artwork should be mounted (foam board or poster board) or framed. It needs to stand-up on its own for judging. Artist is responsible for protecting image surface, if that is a concern.
9. The winning entry will be the artwork judged to best capture the spirit and essence of Porchfest.
10. An artist is allowed more than one entry, but only one piece of artwork can win
11. The judge's decision is final.
12. The original artwork and all image reproduction rights become property of the Hampton Main Street and The City of Hampton.
13. Winner shall receive $100, a framed poster, along with one of each souvenir item produced with their artwork.
To enter please email Angie at Mainstreet@hamptonga.gov with name, email, phone, and address