The following are offenses that are “must appear in court” offenses and cannot be paid prior to your court date:
- Aggressive Driving
- Any felony in which a vehicle is used
- Any person 21 years of age and under
- Driving on suspended or revoked license
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fleeing or attempting to elude an officer
- Fraudulent or fictitious use of a Driver’s License
- Hit and Run
- No Insurance
- Possession of marijuana, less than 1 ounce
- Reckless Driving
- Speeding in excess of 30 miles over the speed limit
- Suspended Registration
Other violations may be paid prior to your court date, either in person, online, by calling 1-844-202-8489 or by mailing payment to:
Hampton Police Department
4 McDonough Street
Hampton, GA 30228
Payments mailed must be received in our office before your court date.
Forms of Payment
Payment shall be cash, money order or cashier’s check. Visa/Master Card accepted for online payments. We do not accept personal checks. Payments for citations are accepted until 4 p.m. the day before your court date.
Court in Session
Court is held every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at the Glenn Mitchell Community Building (Train Depot), 20 E Main St. South, Hampton, GA 30228. If you fail to pay the citation(s) before your court date and you fail to appear in court at your scheduled time, your driver’s license will be suspended and a warrant may be issued for your arrest.