Whether you are visiting or looking for a location to live or start a business, Hampton has everything to make your experience exceptional. The City is happy to offer a variety of incentive and options to existing businesses and businesses looking to locate in the City, including low-interest loans, fee negotiations, and tax incentives within an urban redevelopment area.
Hampton's accessibility to Atlanta Motor Speedway, downtown Atlanta, other nearby cities, and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (HJAIA) is one of its best economic development assets. The city's low crime rate (ranked third lowest in the state of Georgia) is another important accolade to highlight.
Since 2019, the City of Hampton has annexed approximately 3,600-acres of undeveloped land doubling its footprint to roughly 10 square miles. This strategy allows the city to control their own destiny and control their growth decisions, much of which is focused on job promotion and economic stability. Some of the City of Hampton's leading employers include Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Southern States, and Target Distribution and Fulfillment Center.
The city's visionary planning strategies support business retention and encourages new economic growth. Essential to implementation are the following resources and tools:
- Hampton 2023 Comprehensive Plan
- Hampton Town Center LCI Study
- King, George, and Daniel Streets Revitalization Strategy LCI Update
- Tracts to Progress Economic Development Strategy
- The Hampton Downtown Enterprise Zone
- Hampton Downtown Development Authority
- Hampton Development Authority
- Urban Redevelopment Authority
These components, in conjunction with undeveloped land annexation strategy along SR20 and US19/41, build a business forward environment.
Additionally, our historic downtown is uniquely accredited as a Classic Main Street Program through the state of Georgia which creates a specific focus and economic strategy for properties and land within the district.
"The Georgia Main Street Program began in 1980 as one of the original pilot state coordinating programs of the National Main Street Initiative launched by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Georgia Main Streets represent some of the strongest central business districts in the state and in the Southeast. Designated community programs are instrumental in leading the state in historic preservation, small business development, expansion of the state's employment base, leveraging private investment, increasing tourism and providing a positive road map for public-private partnerships." -Georgia Main Street.
The City of Hampton Main Street is a Classic Main Street program, accredited by the state of Georgia and designated by the National Main Street Center. This designation is earned by communities that emphasize historic preservation and economic development, creating an active and vibrant downtown. Hampton's Main Street Program works closely with the Hampton Downtown Development Authority and the Hampton Historic Preservation Commission in developing action plans that leverage existing assets and encourages reinvestment as we renew our commercial district with Main Street's Four-Point Approach:
- Promotion - "Position the commercial district as the center of the community."
- Economic Vitality - "Revitalizing a downtown, making the most of our unique sense of place and existing historic assets, harnessing and supporting local business opportunities. Supporting downtown housing is a key element of economic growth."
- Organization - "Ensuring partners, funding, and volunteers are effectively utilized."
- Design - "Support revitalization that capitalizes on our unique assets, providing walkable, inviting public spaces, art, adaptive reuse buildings, and much more."
If you are interested in learning more about current opportunities throughout our great city, please contact Interim Director, Wanda D. Moore, PLA, at (770) 946-4306, Ext. 2229.
Wanda D. Moore, PLA
770-946-4306 Ext. 2229
Main Street Events Coordinator
Main Street Office: (770) 946-4306 Ext. 2225
20 East Main Street South
Hampton, GA 30228
PO Box 400
Hampton, GA 30228