Building Department


The Community Development Department is responsible for managing building projects throughout the city via permitting in accordance to the city's Zoning Code & regulations determined via the city ordinance & regulations. 

Click here to access CommunityCore

Wanda Byrd

Community Development Tech

Lucas Carter

Zoning Specialist


What do I need a permit for?

The following are actions that will need to be permitted per City of Hampton Ordinance

  • Constructing a new building
  • Demolition of a building, full or partial
  • Electrical work over $200
  • Plumbing work over $200
  • HVAC work over $200
  • Construction of a pool
  • Displaying a sign
  • Removal of a tree
  • Parking of an emergency RV